Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Research and the first Dr. appt

We were able to see the Dr that Friday as she was going out on maternity the following week. We had a sonogram, it was weird. According the the calendar calculations, I was suppose to be 7 weeks along. According to the size of the baby I was really only 41/2 to 5 weeks, so we did blood work just to make sure the baby was growing OK. After the results came in, my Dr. called from her house as there were possible complications. Evidently when I had a blood transfusion in 1997 from a bleeding ulcer, a particular protein called Klein entered my body but was not accepted. Now my body is on alert if this protein enters again, my body is ready to fight it off. Knowing this we had to get Ben to do blood work to make sure the baby didn't have any chance of caring it or we would be classified as high risk with lots of additional procedures. Several days later the test came back negative so we are very blessed to not be considered high risk and have to put the baby through added procedures or risk loosing it. We are doing fine, no worries, the blood work came back stating that the baby was growing and getting it's nutrient. Praise God

No comments:

Post a Comment